Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rockin' Hawaiian Rainbow Revue

You may know that every Friday in Waikiki there's the firework show. What you may not know is that with the firework show, there's a Polynesian show. It's at the pool of the Hilton Hawaiian Village called the Rockin' Hawaiian Rainbow Revue. There is paid seating around the pool, but honestly you can just watch it from outside and the view is just as good. I haven't done this show in a while because I've been in Maui dancing, but this past Friday I finally got to dance here. This is show is probably one of my favorites just because it's at a pool and the fireworks. It's very different from our other shows. The dances we do are very playful and we even bring up people from the audience to dance Tahitian with us. What's really cool is that for our final dance, which is Tahitian, we have to time the end perfectly so that when we motion up the fireworks will go off as if we set it off. This is my favorite part of the show! A lot of people like to come to Waikiki just to watch the fireworks and that's good too. They just park behind the Hilton Hawaiian by the lagoon, which is very hard to find parking, and watch it on the beach. In case you and your family wanted to watch the fireworks, they start at around 730.



2 comments:

  1. omg I love this show! When my parents and I stayed at Hilton hotel, we enjoyed this show so much. my parents love hula, especially Tahitian. yes the show was very different from what we used to see. the fireworks was beautiful too. Mahalo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I didn't know that there is a Polynesian show with the firework show. I'll be sure to check it out next time! I've lived here my whole life and have always enjoyed watching hula or tahitian shows.

    ReplyDelete