Monday, March 17, 2014

Maui Nui Rain

This past Friday me and three other dancers from Oahu went to Maui to cast assist at Tihati's Sheraton Maui Nui Luau show. I've been going every Friday for the past month because there hasn't been enough dancers in Maui on Fridays because Tihati has three production shows going on. And every single time I've gone, it rains! Even the Maui crew says that we bring the rain with us. It kind of sucks, but it's good at the same time. If it doesn't rain then we do the whole show and we usually don't leave till almost 9pm, so we get onto the 1054 flight back home and arrive at almost 1130pm. But when it rains, which it has been for the past month, we only do certain dances of the show and end early so we get to go home early. And it helps because I have class the next morning. Ugh! I know, who goes to school on a Saturday?! And to end the week, I'm now sick probably from dancing in the rain.

The girls and I soaking wet after our aparima number, which is a Tahitian and Cook island dance that focuses on the hand motions more so than the hip shaking. At this part of the show, it started to pour on us! It was pretty of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're schedule sounds crazy! It really must be tiring to do all of this and go to school at the same time... & I know how you feel about going to school on Saturdays... I didn't have a class on Saturday, but I did have to work in the library on Saturday's last semester, which technically felt like I had a class at school

    ReplyDelete